A real estate agent can be an extremely big asset to you when you’re ready to buy a home. They’re an expert who is trained in real estate and ready to help you navigate the home buying process.
Since buying a home is such a significant life decision, and it is undoubtedly one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make, finding the right agent to partner with on your home search journey is important. Deciding on a real estate agent isn’t a decision you’ll want to make without first doing your homework and asking the right questions. Asking important questions can save you lots of time and headaches down the road. Some questions may help you get to know the agent’s personality and whether it’ll be a good match for you, while other questions may reveal some red flags that you wouldn’t have otherwise seen.
So, how do you locate the best real estate agent? What types of questions should you ask them to determine if they’ll be a good fit?
Below are some common questions to ask a real estate agent before moving ahead with them:
- How long have you been a real estate agent? You’ll want to work with someone who has some good, solid experience under their belt especially if it’s your first time buying a home
- What areas do you specialize in? If you have your eye on certain neighborhoods or areas, having a real estate agent who knows those areas like the back of their hand is a must
- What types of homes do you sell? Some agents focus on apartments and condos, while others may focus on high-end mansions. Understanding what price range the real estate agent typically handles can help you make your decision.
- How many clients are you working with? If the number sounds high, it might be a sign that the agent may have a lot going on and not enough time to devote to your individual needs.
- Do you have references you can share? Word-of-mouth referrals are a must. An agent should be willing and prepared to provide references of people they’ve worked with.
- What’s your preferred way to communicate? Is the agent happy to call or text you or do they prefer email communication? Gauge the way they communicate to see if it jives with you.
Ready to get started on your new home search? Searching online for a Calgary house finder is a fantastic place to start your search and locate a great agent to partner with on your journey.